We have a safe neighborhood—crime stats prove that. We have a beautiful neighborhood—visitors tell us that.
Block Captains help keep our neighborhood safe and beautiful, and serve as our information network.
No job in the neighborhood is more important than that of the BLOCK CAPTAIN. It is the communication network, without whom no news—good or bad—can be disseminated.
Ideally, there should be one Block Captain for every ten to fifteen houses within the neighborhood.
The Block Captain…
- Is a liaison between block residents and the Neighborhood Watch coordinator.
A Block Captain is Responsible for …
- Establish and maintain a current list of names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of neighbors and distributing the list to the members of their block group.
- Set up a telephone chain.
- Visits and invites new neighbors to join the neighborhood watch program.
- Notifies the Welcome Neighbor Program Coordinator when new neighbors arrive.
- Block Captains are asked to serve a minimum of 1 year, but can always serve longer.
- If you can commit a few hours per month.
- If you want to help make your neighborhood the best it can be today and for future generations.
SHNA 2017-2018 Board of Directors
- President – Lisa Novak.
- Vice President – Fred Colliflower.
- Secretary – Patricia Griffin.
- Treasurer – Annabelle Gillespie.
SHNA 2017-2018 Board Members
- Jennifer Kuhlman – Brown, Neighborhood Watch and Block Captains committee chair.
- Donna Dougherty – Community Garden Zoning committee chair.
- Barb Ducey – Newsletter and Holiday on the Boulevard committee chair.
- Barb Dumoulin – Marathon committee chair.
- Jane Freeland.
- Jim Pappas – Bylaw Review committee chair.
- Kirsten Peterson – Welcome Wagon committee chair.
- Sharon Rodriguez.
- Tamara Vinson.
- Ann Welsh.
- Will Welsh – Landscape and Maintenance committee chair.
- Ron Novak – Ad hoc member.
- Barbara Stalker – Ad hoc member.
- David Kuhn – Ad hoc member and webmaster.
Members of the Neighborhood Association elect the SHNA Board of Directors at the Annual Meeting held on the last Sunday of June at 3:00 p.m. at the Signal Hill Firehouse.
If you have any questions, please email the Association at email@example.com